Hydro-Lyte is an electronic hard water processor that treats your water without the use of chemicals or salt. Through electolytic action it prevents the formation of scale in pipes and, in time, removes existing scale deposits. It uses reliable, time-proven electronics, marine brass and stainless steel for years and years of trouble-free service.
The Hydro-Lyte unit should be installed by a plumber or someone experienced in plumbing. The unit has 3/4 threaded inlets and outlets. Copper, PVC, or Pex may be used to place the unit on the incoming supply unit of the house.
Hydro-Lyte is 18" tall and 4" in diameter. Please allow at least a 12" clearance below the Hydro-Lyte for canister removal. The unit is equipped with a six foot standard 110V cord. The illustration shows a typical fitting sequence, but configurations may differ.
In less time that it takes to unload bags of salt from your trunk and refill a water softener you can easily clean and maintain your Hydro-Lyte. Routine maintenance takes just a few minutes every four to six months. Just follow the easy steps below to keep your Hydro-Lyte operating at peak performance.
1. Disconnect the electrical plug.
2. Turn off the incoming and outgoing vales.
3. Open the relief valve to release the pressure between the two valves.
4. Place a small bucket under the unit.
5. Remove the spin ring with tool provided.
6. Remove the canister (pull straight down to prevent damage to the anode).
7. Replace with a clean canister and hand-tighten the spin ring.
8. Check to be sure the canister is seated squarely.
9. Turn on incoming water until unit is full and water flows out of the relief valve.
10. Shut the relief valve & turn on outgoing water - you're done!